The Best Window Replacement
Companies In Portland, OR
Finding local window professionals became easier with HomeQuote. Fill out the request form to acquire up-to-date window installation & replacement costs.
Windows that boost the home's energy efficiency
If you aim to lower utility costs, consider installing energy-efficient windows. A wide range of factors, including glazing and U-values, add to the energy performance of a window. More on these factors you will find in the articles below.
The common window types installed in homes
The best way to bring natural light into your home and give it a refreshed look is to install new windows. To help you make an informed decision on the right window, we've made up a list of the top 18 options.
How to find window contractors with HomeQuotes
SPECIFY YOUR WINDOW PROJECT DETAILS
Answer a few questions about the number of windows to replace, their type, and material
GET PAIRED WITH PROVEN WINDOW COMPANIES
Once we get the initial details of your project, you'll be provided with free quotes from local window contractors
COMPARE WINDOW REPLACEMENT QUOTES
Evaluate the given quotes to check if they respond to your budget and requirements
Here's what clients who found local window contractors through HomeQuote say
I lacked time looking for window replacement professionals myself, so a contractor-matching website seemed an excellent way to go. As soon as I left my request, I got an email with offers from local contractors.
Truth be told, I didn't expect to find affordable window installers in Boston so soon. HomeQuote paired me with licensed pros the same day, not charging any upfront costs.
I left my request on the platform and got three offers from local window masters. I compared the given quotes and hired the cheapest company.
When I did my window contractors research, I came across this website. I decided to give it a try and turned up trumps. I hired a window company the same day.
The platform is easy-to-use and properly working. You only need to specify your area of living and the details of your project to get the ball rolling.
I just had the contractor hired through HomeQuote replace four windows in my house, and everything was done professionally.
Locations we cover
Where to look for the best window replacement contractors in Portland, OR
Most manufacturers claim that their windows are built to last 20-25 years. However, in reality, homeowners commonly feel the need to replace their windows much earlier. Drafts, fogginess, leakage, mold, and rot might appear even after 2-3 years of window replacement. The main reasons for premature window deterioration include improper installation, lack of upkeep, and poor frame material. External damage to the home windows caused by third parties or natural and man-made disasters is also typical.
Whatever the reason that makes you replace the window units in your house, you have the process of finding a proper installer ahead. It might be dull and time-consuming to search through the local communities' forums, question the neighbors, and check custom review websites. However, you can always request help from dedicated contractor-matching services pairing top-gun window contractors in Portland or any other city with householders. HomeQuote is a rapidly-developing platform with dozens of headquarters around the country that allows getting instant price quotes from certified home service professionals in the specified metro area.
Read on to find recommendations from our experts on choosing the right window installer in your area.
Tips to find a reliable expert in home window replacement in Portland
Keep in mind the following recommendations to find the right contractor for your project:
- Check contractor's background. Go to the Better Business Bureau and other popular reference platforms to check how other homeowners evaluate the selected window contractor. Besides, ask for the full name of the company and its website. Check how long it has been on the local market and verify at least a few clients from your neighborhood who used its services.
- Check licensing and certification. If you're going to replace your old windows with energy-efficient ones that Energy Star rates, consider hiring an installer specifically trained and certified for this product. This way, you will get the most out of your investment. If you seek a general contractor for vinyl windows replacement in Portland, OR, ensure they have a proven track record, valid licensing, and liability insurance.
- Ask for a warranty. Don't skip the warranty question, as it's your surefire protection from poor installation or any further window malfunctions. A warranty implies that your window contractor in Portland, Oregon is responsible for their job and can guarantee the quality of the provided services. If a specialist does not offer an installation warranty, consider hiring a different one, as you risk paying more in the long run.
- Put a premium on an estimate. Get as many contractors' quotes as you can and scrutinize each of them not to miss any detail. Demand clarity when it comes to a cost quotation. It should feature the number of windows to replace, their brand, size, type, and special features. Besides, make sure all project details are highlighted, from old units dismantling to new windows sealing. Material and labor costs should be put separately.
What factors may affect the cost of new window installation in Portland?
A new double-hung window generally costs between $480 and $850. Plus, you should count the spending on labor which runs from $200 to $450 per window in Oregon. However, if you get an energy-efficient window with a high insulation level, you will be able to save big on electricity.
Below you will find the list of factors that might affect the cost of both window replacement and installation in Portland, OR:
- Window type. Non-conventional window types require special skills and equipment to install. You should expect to spend more on installing or replacing sliding, arched, or casement units.
- Window glass. There are single-, double-, and triple-pane windows available in today's market, with the latest being the most costly one. You can also go for special window glass covered with UV-resistant coating that prevents furniture from fading and ensures better insulation.
- Frame material. Fiberglass windows are one of the most costly options, with the average rate being $1.200 per unit. Aluminum and vinyl options are the least expensive and cost from $100 to $400 per unit.
- Window opening. When it comes to replacement, the condition and size of the window opening matter a lot. If a contractor has to deal with a shabby and rotten opening, the labor costs will be higher. Besides, if you live in an old house, then the chances are your window opening has a non-standard size that requires custom-made replacements.
HomeQuote is your one-stop platform to hire the best-rated window installers in Portland, OR
HomeQuote is a nationwide contractor-matching platform that allows you to kill two birds with one stone - get contacts from local window pros and compare their offers side-by-side. We cooperate with proven experts who have helped an untold number of homeowners so far by meeting all their needs in window inspection, repair, and replacement.
Leave your request today and check our platform's possibilities for absolutely free. It will take you less than two minutes to complete a short questionnaire and get a list of best-rated window installers in Portland, OR, who fit your budget and demands.